Unleashing diversity and inclusion in the workforce are important when forming a basis for future growth and agility of any company. How can you help develop conditions that allow diversity and inclusion come to life in a complex and ambiguous corporate environment? Studies have shown it all starts within day-to-day relationships between real people in a psychologically safe setting.
Psychological safety starts with fostering a culture of trust. Creating workspaces where people can authentically show up and bring their own perspective to the table. Through ‘Conscious Courageous Conversations’ between people, all the different perspectives are explored, personal boundaries are respected, and creativity & energy can flow.
For that to happen, people need to learn to understand and understand their own biases, and courageously come forward. This skill can be learned & practiced.
This is where ‘Conscious Courageous Conversations’ come in.
‘Conscious Courageous Conversations’ is an experiential interactive workshop that delves into the skills and mindset required to navigate through these conversations.
Typical requested outcomes from the workshop:
- “I want our project team to kick-off in an authentic, creative and enthusiastic manner and support the psychological safety necessary for expressing whatever is needed to stay on course effectively & energetically.”
- “I want our people to know better what to do to deal with tension, within themselves and towards their colleagues”.
- “As management team, we want to create meaningful collaboration in a psychologically safe environment and we want to start with ourselves”.
The workshop ‘Conscious, Courageous Conversations’ is an interactive mix of: group exploration, personal reflection, coaching and constellations. An overview of the workshop is below:
Conscious: Presence / Body Awareness / Choice
- Presence: Bring personal presence to life and embodying it.
- Body Awareness: Identifying activated emotions and learn to recognise the physiological sensations that accompany them.
- Choice: What does it mean to explore alternatives and make a choice.
Courageous: Holding Space / Vulnerability/ Trust / Empathy
- Holding Space: Explore what ‘space’ is, including what it looks like, feels like, and how to simply be with it.
- Vulnerability: Challenge old definitions and dispel the myths surrounding the concept of vulnerability. Understand the role of vulnerability in conscious courageous conversations.
- Trust: Develop an understanding of how trust is built incrementally, over time, and often by small gestures. Explore the importance of psychological safety.
- Empathy: Explore and practice the importance of empathy in relationships and understand what it is and is not.
Conversations: Listening / Naming it / Constellations
- Listening: Experience the three levels of listening, including how to tune into them and use them. Also explore the four levels of listening U-theory.
- Naming it: Experience the three levels of conversation – and practice the four steps of the Non—Violent Conversations (NVC) model.
- Constellations: Bringing all of the above to life through systemic exploration.
- 3 workshop days: 9:00 – 17:00 pm.
- The workshop is conducted in English.
- Small groups of 8 –12 people.
- Prior to the workshop, a short personal intake takes place by telephone. Exploring personal objectives for the workshop.
- The 3 workshop days can be sequenced or spread over 3 months.
- The CCC workshop is conducted by two of the highly experienced trainer/certified coaches below: